Facts About Window Cleaining In Miami.
Challenges To Cleaning Windows windowcleaningstars.com. It is common to think that window cleaning is something easy to do and you might conclude that a professional is not needed. Here are some issues you may not have thought of.
1. Old homes with storm windows are difficult and time consuming to clean. In order to clean both sides of both the storm window and main window, it is necessary to take off the storm window completely.
Because the windows are often old, it can be difficult to remove them. It is then necessary to clean both sides of the storm and the outside of the main window and then to reinstall the storm window.
2. Cleaning windows in direct sunlight will leave streaks. It is true that top professionals have techniques and special solutions that are designed so the water more slowly evaporates even in direct sunlight, but few non-professionals have either the skills, techniques or solutions to get good results.
If you are contracting a window cleaning company and scheduling requirements make it likely they will be cleaning in direct sunlight, ask them if they have the skills and supplies to get streak free results.
3. Cleaning the second-floor windows or higher have obvious risk. Every year both non-professionals and professionals have ladders that come out from underneath them causing the user to fall. Many of these falls result in injury.
Window cleaning companies that specialize in this type of cleaning often have tools and experience that allow them to clean multi-story buildings more safely.
They are commonly insured in the case that an accident does happen so that both the window cleaner and building owner are protected. It is recommended that you verify the company is properly insured for your protection.
4. Most cities and counties have laws regarding waste created by the solutions used to clean windows. These solutions usually have chemicals which have specific disposal requirements under the law. The water with cleaning chemicals cannot just be allowed to go onto the ground, sidewalk or roadway. It must be properly collected and disposed of.
If you contract a company to do the cleaning, you should verify that they are in compliance with waste disposal rules for your protection.
5. Some professional companies use highly filtered water which completely removes any impurities and allows them to wash windows with no chemicals. This removes the need for waste disposal, and the elimination of chemicals also can reduce streaking.
For some who are concerned about environmental issues related to chemicals, this might make for a good choice. This type of window cleaning is less common which might mean you have to look more to find a company using this method. Consequently, it could mean you have fewer companies to choose from.
In most cases, window cleaning should be left to the professionals.
Connect With Us: